[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Get Action from Timer. Earlies execution time

jjrs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 13:01:11 EDT 2009

 Hello,

    In my process definition we have several nodes (containing actions), that have to have an "earliest start time" associated to them. The best way I found for implementing this functionality was creating a State node, create a timer inside it , and associate the action to the timer. Something like the example below:

 <state name="LoadConvertedCont1" async="true">
  |   <timer duedate='#{executionStartTime + 1 Hour}' >
  |    <action class="com.xxxxx.jbpm.actions.Adaptor" async="true" name="loadConvertedContributions">
  |     <taskBeanId>
  |        loadConvertedContributions
  |     </taskBeanId>
  |     <maxDurationMinutes>
  |      60
  |     </maxDurationMinutes>
  |    </action>
  |   </timer>
  |   <transition to="LoadConvertedCon2"></transition>
  |  </state>

  Everything is fine, until I try to stop the execution of the action. I have my own implementation of the JobExecutorThread. I extended the API for being to interrupt the execution of an the action. If the action was inside a node of type node, the code for accessing it, is quite easy :

 Action action = job.getToken().getNode().getAction();

 But when the action is inside a timer and the timer is inside a Node of type State, I don't see an easy way of retrieving the action object, and the only possible way that I have found is using the HibernateProxy provided by Hibernate, although I don't consider this is the best option

Timer timer = (Timer)((HibernateProxy)job).getHibernateLazyInitializer().getImplementation();
  | Action action = timer.getAction();

  Is there any way, using the JBPM API for retrieving the action being executed from the JobExecutorThread ?

job.getToken().getNode().getName();
  | //is providing me the correct name of the Node (even if it is if type State)
  |
  | runningJob.getToken().getNode().getAction();
  | //is null when the action is inside the timer, and the timer inside the State Node.

 Regards.
 Jose.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221371#4221371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221371