[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Web Beans + JPA

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 20:32:17 EDT 2009

Another integration issue for Web Beans/JSR299 - this time around JPA.

The JSR299 spec says that any entities (either specified using @Entity or orm.xml) should not be simple beans (i.e. have injection/interception facilities). As per the other integrations with the container, I would like to this via the SPI, and have add this to our JPA integration point

   /**
  |     * Gets the class for each entity in the application
  |     *
  |     * @return the entity classes
  |     */
  |    public Collection<Class<?>> discoverEntities();

I spoke to Emmanuel - the Class should be a sufficiently unique identifier here.

https://svn.jboss.org/repos/webbeans/ri/trunk/spi/src/main/java/org/jboss/webbeans/jpa/spi/JpaServices.java

>From this arise two questions

1) How do we hook into Hibernate to get this info out of it's session configuration (Emmanuel had a couple of ideas)?

2) How do we access the hibernate session configuration from an MC bean, given we know the deployment unit?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221440#4221440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221440