[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Web Beans + JPA

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 27 12:20:32 EDT 2009

I agree with Carlo, whilst for the narrow scope of making WB spec compliant, I only need @Entity/orm.xml (i.e. spec'd entities) it would be much more user friendly to also extend this to provider specific entities (case in point is hbm.xml).

If necessary for EE6/AS6 we can do a simple impl:

* expose an SPI Iterable discoverOrmXml(); which should return all orm.xml in a DU (AS already has a facility to find meta-inf files in JARS), and parse it in WB for class names
* check entities for @Entity in WB
* make it possible to replace this simple impl if a container wants to (we would want to do so in JBoss for a hibernate-aware version - speed + hbm.xml)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221621#4221621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221621