[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM Clustering Issue

venukb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 29 10:56:19 EDT 2009

JBoss - 4.2.3 GA
JBM - 1.4.2GA SP!
--------------------------------

The Postoffice service in JBM has the following attribute

  <!-- The JGroups group name that the post office will use -->

  |       <attribute name="GroupName">${jboss.messaging.groupname:MessagingPostOffice}</attribute>

Documentation says that nodes in a JBM cluster should have the same Group Name.
Thats what we wanted and we set the value by passing the name as a JVM argument

-Djboss.messaging.groupname=ha1messaging

We have 4 JBoss Instances running in the same subnet; 2 clusters (with each cluster having 2 nodes)

JBoss and other services (HTTP clustering/SFSB clutering etc) can read the -g (jboss.partition.name) param value and use it to form the proper cluster. (The Mcast IP and port are unchanged; Jgroup messages are dropped based on the JGroups group name)

However JBM doesnt seem to consider the value passed in jboss.messaging.groupname and all the 4 nodes form a Postoffice cluster !

Is this a known issue? (If JBM discards group name, we can try setting unique MCAST IP/Port, but this isn't clean)

Let us know if there is any other way of resolving this issue?

Thanks
Venu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221781#4221781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221781