[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: JBoss LoggingMonitor -

vinothkumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 02:58:15 EDT 2009

Hi All,

        I have a webservice hosted on my machine and I had deployed the xml file(Deployment Descriptor File) for logging monitor with the name XXXXXX-monitor-service.xml

The attributes defined are :

  |        <attribute name="MonitoredObjects">
  |           <configuration>
  |              <monitoredmbean name="jboss.ws.XXXXXX"
  |                              logger="com.sample">
  | 		<attribute>RequestCount</attribute>
  | 		<attribute>ResponseCount</attribute>
  | 		<attribute>FaultCount</attribute>
  |              </monitoredmbean>
  |           </configuration>
  |        </attribute>
  |
  |       <depends>jboss.ws.XXXXXX</depends>
  |    </mbean>

I got the following exception :

anonymous wrote : Problem configuring service jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute at 1eacdc4 on mbean jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor; - nested throwable: (javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Key properties cannot be empty)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.setAttribute(ServiceConfigurator.java:707)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.java:332)

and
anonymous wrote : --- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
  | ObjectName: jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor
  |   State: FAILED
  |   Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute at 1eacdc4 on mbean jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor; - nested throwable: (javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Key properties cannot be empty)
  |
  | --- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
  | ObjectName: jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor
  |   State: FAILED
  |   Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute at 1eacdc4 on mbean jboss.monitor:type=LoggingMonitor,name=XXXMonitor; - nested throwable: (javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Key properties cannot be empty)

Pls help me to tackle the issue.

Regards,
Vinoth Kumar.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221833#4221833