[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - mod_jk timeouts

limesys do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 17:47:50 EDT 2009

Greetings,

    Using the mod_jk connector with jboss, and I'm having issues with apache timing out, only when a user is authenticated into an application. I didn't write the app, I'm just working on deploying it. Anyways, I was wondering where the best places to start looking for settings and issues. I've set all of the apache timeouts to longer than jboss, I've changed settings in the server.xml, as well as the jboss-service.xml config files.

I found options for caching authentication, which I thought would fix the issue, but there are still problems. Basically after one minute of idle time, I get the:Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later...

Now, I'm not a java programmer, so I'm unsure if timeouts can be set inside of the application also.

Platform info:   Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch mod_jk/1.2.27 Server at 10.20.10.200 Port 1234

JBoss version: 4.2.1.GA

Mod-JK info:   the most recent and supported version.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222155#4222155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222155