[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - which XA Cxn Pool?

dukehoops do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 31 11:37:00 EDT 2009

I apologize for the side question but I am looking to find out which JTA TM impl and accompanying XA-capable connection pool folks are using. The reason I am asking this question here is that we had to add JTA TM because it is a prereq for using JBC3 as Hibernate 2nd level cache. (That, in itself, is a little puzzling since afaik, JBC3 acts as a Synchronization, and, as far as I can tell, Hibernate Transcation API has a synchronization-like interface already)

I've tested BTM but found it non-performing at scale. Our current stack is:

Tomcat 6 NIO
JBC 3.0.3.GA
Hibernate 3.3.1.GA (using TRANSACTIONAL cache strategy)
Spring 2.5.6
Mysql 5.1 INNODB

Used to use C3P0

Since we only have 1 Resource (DB), I'd love to make things even simpler and use LRCO. I am assuming many folks here use JBossTM, but it doesn't seem to come with a Connection Pool.

thanks!
-nikita

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222392#4222392

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222392