[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: IllegalStateException(s) on logout

kj_newbie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 31 19:31:36 EDT 2009

Wolfgang,

Thanks for your responses.
I think we kind of fixed it. Got the clue from the security FAQ # 3 (http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12198)

Our code creates its own login-config.xml and that one was missing the following from the ClientLoginModule
<!-- Any existing security context will be restored on logout -->
      <module-option name="restore-login-identity">true</module-option>

After adding this to the file, the exception is not thrown anymore.

Would you be able to explain what exactly this option does or where can I find more info on it.
I will also be reading a little more on JBoss 5.0.0 security.

Something that's interesting is that the custom login-config.xml file created by our tool, works fine wirh JBoss 4.2.3 (without adding the above lines). Only throws exception with JBoss 5.0.0.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222469#4222469

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222469