[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Hibernate Shards Newbie needs Help

oni_FFM do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 1 03:35:13 EDT 2009

hi,

i tried to use my project with Hibernate Shards but i cant.

At first i want to ask, if i can use Hibernate Shards with Oracle 10.g Database?

Second, i receive Exception

  | 09:04:07 ERROR - org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(301) | Could not synchronize database state with session
  | org.hibernate.exception.DataException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
  | 	at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:77)
  | 	at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
  |
  | Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column
  |
  | 	at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwBatchUpdateException(DatabaseError.java:629)
  | 	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeBatch(OraclePreparedStatement.java:9409)

i dont know why, i set my fields with value < 100. It is impossible that "value larger than specified precision allowed for this column"

Did someone use Hibernate Shards?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227969#4227969

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227969