[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Trying to cascade a delete operation

lsToronto2009 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 1 12:54:43 EDT 2009

I have a Company class:

  | public class Company implements Serializable {

  | @OneToMany (mappedBy="company", cascade=CascadeType.ALL)
  | 	@JoinColumn(name="COMPANY_ID")
  | 	private List<Address> addresses = new ArrayList<Address>();
  | }

The intention is a company can have one to many addresses.

Here is the Address:

  | public class Address implements Serializable {
  |
  | @ManyToOne
  | private Company company;

  | }

The behavior I want is if a Company is deleted, all the associated Addresses should be removed as well.

However when I delete a Company I get a constraint violation:

  | com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`db`.`address`, CONSTRAINT `FK1ED033D44C674D5C` FOREIGN KEY (`company_id`) REFERENCES `company` (`id`))

I thought the cascade=CascadeType.ALL in the Company class would give me this.

What am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228062#4228062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228062