[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Hibernate One To Many, multiple relationships off a single f

taggat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 1 10:21:34 EDT 2009

I have a table (that can't be changed)

that is a one to one mapping from multiple entites to a single table

the table has 2 fields

int key1
String info

i have a mapping in table one

	@OneToMany(fetch=javax.persistence.FetchType.LAZY, mappedBy="associationsCalendar")
	private List associationRelators;

and in table 2

	@OneToMany(fetch=javax.persistence.FetchType.LAZY, mappedBy="associationsAdvisory")
	private List associationRelators; //Associations

in the end table i have the following relationships.

	@ManyToOne(fetch=javax.persistence.FetchType.LAZY, optional=true)
	@JoinColumn(name="PRNT_CNTNT_ID", insertable=false, updatable=false, nullable=true)
	private Calendar associationsCalendar; //Associations

	@ManyToOne(fetch=javax.persistence.FetchType.LAZY, optional=true)
	@JoinColumn(name="PRNT_CNTNT_ID", insertable=false, updatable=false, nullable=true)
	private Advisory associationsAdvisory; //Associations

I have a web service that is serialising the records, and i only want to serialise the join on the record that actually exists.

i.e. calendar and advisory take their primary keys from the same sequence.

if the reference is for a advisory and i call getAssociationsCalendar() i get

 org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not set a field value by reflection setter of .....

I need a way of having the exception not thrown, or a way to get around this issue. I have multiple tables that have the same issue, and am using a library to serialise the objects.

any help will be much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228018#4228018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228018