[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: 2PC question

girishadat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 3 03:51:46 EDT 2009

Are these limitations overcame in the latest version of JBC?

I am using JBoss Cache 3 with JBoss TS 4.6. I tried using jts version of JBoss Transactions and put an implementation of TransactionManagerLookup to pass it to JBC. When used with PESSIMISTIC locking, with REPEATABLE_READ isolation level (as per my knowledge, PESSIMISTIC does not consider the isolation level...???). I am able to get lock on the proxy of same objects in cache on two different nodes simultaneously, which is not required/expected. And on commit, both the transactions moves to deadlock, and the first one, which is timed out first, fails and the second one succeeds...! It was OK, if the first one succeeds... But what I expect is, the second transaction locks at get object itself, if T1 is not ended, since this is pessimistic locking...

Is there any solution for this problem(?)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228149#4228149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228149