[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

MalcolmShen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 5 03:32:56 EDT 2009

Many applications would randomly pick some available ports to use.  I have also experienced this issue before.  Here is how I solve this issue:

I'm using windows.  For linux, you may find similar commands.
1. In MS-DOS, send command "netstat -ao".  You can get network information for all processes.
2. Find out the one using port 1098, get the PID.
3. Find out the process with the PID you just got from windows task manager and shut it down.
4. Restart JBoss.
5. Restart the application you've just shutdown.

Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228502#4228502

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228502