[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: JBoss remoting - Compatability with non JBoss J2EE Appli

vybe3142 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 8 12:27:04 EDT 2009

Okay, .. trying again.

I got caught up with some some other projects for the last month or so, .....  sorry for the delay in responding.

In a nutshell, A requirement of the software app we're developing is that it be packaged into a WAR deployable on any J2EE compliant app server on a client's internal network.  So, .. I can't rely on JBoss AS being available (we might be asked to deploy on JBoss , Glassfish, Resin etc etc ... ).

We looking into Remoting as a data transport mechanism between client and server. Right now , we use XML , but this has its disadvantages (speed / bloat)  .. hence the interest in JBoss Remoting.

So, basically the question is
1. Can JBoss Remoting be used as a client-server data transport mechanism even if the App. server isn't JBoss AS ?
2. If so, can someone point me out to a document that details the necessary config. needed? I think this question is partially answered in my other thread.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229780#4229780

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4229780