[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Compile Time AOP in JBOSS

gunaranjanc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 10 16:25:01 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I am trying to use compile time AOP with JBOSS AS 5.1.

However it seems to work only when I set enableLoadtimeWeaving to be true in conf/aop.xml and the related javaagent options in run.sh.

I was under the impression that these are required only for loadtime weaving.

Currently I am deploying the one EAR that contains

----------------------

- A lib.aop that contains the aspect classes along with a jboss-aop.xml inside it (META-INF dir).  Pre-compiled with AOPC

- A mylib.jar with all my EJB classes and related POJOs in it.  Pre-compiled with AOPC

The EAR has a META-INF/application.xml that declares the .aop lib as a java lib and the EJB jar as an ejb module.

When I call the EJB via an external client - nothing happens (nothing is logged via my aop aspects - simple method invocation interceptors).

However when I restart with the load time weaving and javaagent option it works ( I see all SOPs).

Lastly I was under the impression that when the classes are pre-compiled then the load time would be less.  Is this right. I don't see a difference today.

Much appreciate any advise.

Thanks
Guna

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229907#4229907