[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Superior JBoss features - are there any?

twh1st do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 12 03:36:16 EDT 2009

Hello *,

my company competes against product offerings from Oracle. Currently we try to beat WebLogic Server with a JBoss application server infrastructure. Next to the fact, that JBoss has virtually no licensing costs, what feature-driven arguments could we bring against Oracle WebLogic?

WebLogic offers a lot more implementation details and has more or less all feature implemented we have at the JBoss community wihslist:

http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13485

Are there any features which are truely unique for JBoss AS5 and can't be found in other commercial products like WebLogic?

Here is my list for JBoss:
* true lighweight and configurable microcontainer
* technology leader and early adaptor of standards
* strong open source integration support in virtually all fields like messaging, security, rules, persistence and transactions

I'm pretty sure there are some features in JBoss which commercial tools do not offer. However, it's pretty tedious to find some nice feature of JBoss always in WebLogic manuals.

grtx,
\thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4230295#4230295

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4230295