[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Interportlet Communication in JBoss Portal 2.6.x (JSR 16

apemberton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 13 09:03:13 EDT 2009

Sourav: correct - to my understanding the PortalNodeEvent mechanism can only "swap" events in and out of the event chain, and so is fairly limited in terms of IPC.

What we've done to handle this limitation is, in a small set of cases, use the Navigation API to store some data in the global portal session so that it can be accessed by more than one portlet on a given page.

For example:

Navigation.getPortalRuntimeContext().getSession()

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4230827#4230827

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4230827