[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Tool for documenting MC beans

jesper.pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 13 12:05:32 EDT 2009

Since a lot of hooking our services together have moved to the -jboss-beans.xml we need a way of documenting those beans, so other projects can get a quicker overview of what's available.

Of course the beans should provide sane defaults for many of the properties, but there are a lot of cases where properties are used directly with a value or gets injected with another bean.

Currently in order to get an overview of what a bean actually does, what it depends on and what properties it exposes one have to look at the class definition.

So what I'm looking for is a tool that can generate documentation for classes that are meant to be exposed as MC beans.

Think a tool that can generate documentation sort of like TLD documentation for web libraries.

Another solution is of course to include all the documentation in the developer guide for each project, but lets not go down that road...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4230890#4230890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4230890