[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Ear as a loader repository

ben_leedham do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 14 06:17:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

 I am deploying an EAR file containing several WAR files. the EAR contains all the libraries necessary for the WARs, 2 of those libraries being specific saaj api and impl versions.

When I try to start the server I get a NoSuchMethodError, as the saaj version being loaded is from jboss-4.0.3SP1/server/default/lib/jboss-saaj.jar, and not from the EAR's APP-INF/lib.

If I put the saaj jars in the WEB-INF/lib of each of the wars all is fine, but that is a messy solution.

I have tried creating a jboss-app.xml file alongside my application.xml file in the EAR's META-INF directory with this content:

<jboss-app>
  |     <loader-repository>
  |         hello:service=LoaderRepository
  |         <loader-repository-config>
  |             java2ParentDelegation=false
  |         </loader-repository-config>
  |     </loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

Essentially what I am trying to achieve is for the EAR to be a loader repository and not look at the parent server for it's jars.

This doesn't work and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231040#4231040

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231040