[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: First step towards performance improvement of EJB3 deplo

orenh10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 14 11:02:59 EDT 2009

I timed the new EJB3 plugin and found that it:
1. Slightly reduces the time it takes to deploy an EAR.
2. Almost eliminates the delay in accessing EJB's for the first time!

I used the same test application from last time, Cinco.ear. It contains 10 EJB's, each one with 50 methods. (See http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=153313). Here are the new timings:

== Deploy Cinco.ear ==

JBoss 4.2 - 1 sec
JBoss 5.0.1 - 13 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 - 14 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 + new EJB3 plugin - 11 sec

== Initialize one EJB (http://localhost:8080/cinco/LoadBeans) ==

JBoss 4.2 - 0 sec
JBoss 5.0.1 - 12 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 - 14 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 + new EJB3 plugin - 0.2 sec

As another data point, I also timed how long it takes to deploy one of our real EAR's:

JBoss 4.2 - 20 sec
JBoss 5.0.1 - 51 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 - 45 sec
JBoss 5.1.0.CR1 + new EJB3 plugin - 42 sec

I don't have official timings for how long it takes to access EJB's for the first time in this application, but it appears the delay has been eliminated, same as we've seen in Cinco.ear. Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231105#4231105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231105