[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Deployment of a J2EE1.3 application fails on JBoss4.2.2

groovie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 18 06:43:05 EDT 2009

Salut,

i have successfully set up a JEE1.4 environment for to test
and run my applications using EJB3. Fine!

Some days ago i started a migration project, where an
old JEE Application has to move from an  Oracle-App-Server
to JBoss. So i created a new development-context using
Eclipse&Jboss-Tools transfered also the ole JDevelopper
to Eclipse.

The migration is finished, instread of the oracle-descriptor
now there is jboss.xml file doing the job. EAR-Build
does create a app.ear that i am trying to deploy on my
JBoss 4.2.2 (under Linux, with JAVA 1.6), but i do receive
the following exception:

11:56:32,447 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem creating service jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=myAppEJB.jar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Missing or invalid Instance Cache (in jboss.xml or standardjboss.xml); - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: )
	at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.createInstanceCache(EjbModule.java:1234)
	at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.createStatefulSessionContainer(EjbModule.java:646)
	at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.createContainer(EjbModule.java:579)
	at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.createService(EjbModule.java:342)

The exception seems to occur in the context of a stateful session bean.
Thats right, my application has a couple of stateless and stateful
session beans, that habe been configured on both descriptor file.

Does the error indicate, that the application has problems to
persists the data of a statefull session bean ??
Some postings on the web inidicate, that i do have to do some
<container-configuration> in my jboss.xml, but i do not know how ?

Oh, there is another thing i should tell you. I do have 2 datasources,
one of them is linked to a read-only oracle-access. When i worked
with EJB3 i learned to map persistenc-issues in my persistence.xml
to prevetent ambiguous object mapping, but i do not have any
persistence.xml in my EJB2.x !!!

Thank you in advance for any help!
Groovie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231582#4231582