[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Multiple clients and message types - selectors?

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 19 11:57:32 EDT 2009

I think you need a Topic with subscribers and selectors for the regular day-to-day operation.

And you also probably need a request mechanism on receiving the initial information. Maybe the client creates a temporary queue, send a request to receive the initial information, and the initial information comes on that queue.

On the day-by-day basis you would have the durable selector receiving the information.

I feel like spoiling the surprise suggesting you this :-) , but there is a great JMS example on JBoss Messaging 2 which explains what I' m suggesting to you in terms of Request-Reply:

svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/messaging/trunk/examples/jms/request-reply

Look at the readme.. it bring a lot of information.

if you want to run the example:

svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/messaging/trunk messaging
cd messaging
ant