[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: MDB external configuration

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 21 10:38:53 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote :  I'm hesitant to require that the person installing my consumer application(s) unzip the ear, change the selector's "myClientID" value, and rezip it. I would rather use a identical application package on our multiple production servers (and the test servers for that matter) and have other files, descriptors, or database settings outside of the ear tweaked to account for the environment.
I don't exactly remember which deployment descriptor file will contain the message selector - its either the ejb-jar.xml or the jboss.xml. In either case i guess you could specify some system property that gets substituted per system, dynamically. Something like this in the deployment descriptor:

<message-selector>${someproperty}</message-selector>

Then, you can pass this property value as a JVM parameter through the server startup scripts:

run.bat -Dsomeproperty=myClientID

You can edit the run.bat or run.conf to pass this property too.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232515#4232515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232515