[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 21 10:48:28 EDT 2009

I'm sorry, I didn't look carefully enough at the config files presented in the wiki entry that I referred you to, and did not realize that the information was not relevant for a web app. Here is an example (usually the basic datasource name is the same in all the files, but I used different names so that you can see which names need to be the same):

*-ds.xml excerpt:
<jndi-name>jdbc/SomeDS</jndi-name>

web.xml excerpt:
<resource-ref>
  |     <res-ref-name>jdbc/TheDS</res-ref-name>
  |     <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
  |     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  |     <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
  | </resource-ref>

jboss-web.xml:
<jboss-web>
  |   <resource-ref>