[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBossWS client not sending Basic Authentication

leobaz2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 21 17:22:02 EDT 2009

Hi, I have a web service client that is trying to call a webservice secured with basic authentication.  I had this working with JAVA 6 but not with JAVA 5.

I am setting the username and password correctly as seen below but I am still getting a 401 error code back.  When I used tcpmon to inspect the request\response, I can see that the username and password is not being passed to the client.

  | Map requestContext = ((BindingProvider) manager).getRequestContext();
  | requestContext.put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY, username);
  | requestContext.put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, password);

When I debug, I can see that the web service proxy has the username and password in its Map. So why are they not being sent along with the webservice call?  Does it have something to do with the versions of the Jars I am using?  I am using JBoss 4.2.3 and the jars are.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232592#4232592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232592