[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Exception javax.naming.NoInitalContextException

cffranco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 25 10:35:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I need to insert some data in my database(hsqldb), but is not working. I am using the connection via a datasource, and by doing jndi lookup. When you run the code, I receive the exception:
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial

Please somebody help me.? ;o)

My code:

package org.jboss.soa.esb.dbaccess;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;

import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import javax.sql.DataSource;

public class InsertRecords {
	/** String driver = "org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver";
	String url = "jdbc:hsqldb:hsqldb\\localDB";
	String username = "sa";
	String password = "";
	Class.forName(driver);
	Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);
	return conn;**/

    	Context initContext = new InitialContext();
        Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
        DataSource ds = (DataSource) envContext.lookup("jdbc/FtpZip");
        Connection conn = null;
        PreparedStatement pstmt = null;
        	try {
        		conn = ds.getConnection();
        		String query = "insert into teste(name_file) values('lala')";
         		pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(query); // create a statement
        		pstmt.setInt(1, 1); // set input parameter 1
        		//pstmt.setString(2, "deptname"); // set input parameter 2
        		//pstmt.setString(3, "deptLocation"); // set input parameter 3
        		pstmt.executeUpdate(); // execute insert statement
        		} catch (Exception e) {
        			e.printStackTrace();
        		} finally {
        			pstmt.close();