[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Fake instances appear...

jtcnz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 27 04:28:15 EDT 2009

I am running three jboss4.0.3sp1 on windows 2003 as a cluster

After some times unexpected windows OS shutdown on one machine(let's say C), the jboss server on C automatically startup again. But when it starts [TreeCache] service, some unexcepted instances appear. For example, [TreeCache] viewAccepted(): A:1234, B:2345, C:3456, C:5678, C:5679, C:6788, C:6789

C:5678, C:5678 C:6788, C:6789 should not be there!! And YES!! They are the survivors of the last two times server shutdown!!
But I use netstat -ano to check the ports. They are not used at least in the cmd console view.  So I guess they are fake instances.

For tomcat clustering(tc5-cluster-service.xml), I use only <FD_SOCK> protocol to do failure detection. It's default.

How can this happen?? And how to avoid this when unexpected windows shutdown can not be avoided at the moment(It happens actually rarely).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233494#4233494

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233494