[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: NullPointerException when trying to open a session for s

josey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 27 13:05:03 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I have two separate clusters (partitions), each with one node.  One cluster named AppPartition, one cluster named BatchPartition.  The JMS server is running on the single node in BatchPartition.  The single node in AppPartition is unable to send a JMS message from within the application server to the JMS server hosted on BatchPartition.

On the same machine that acts as the single node for AppPartition I can execute a standalone program that sends a JMS message to the JMS server hosted on the single node in BatchPartition.

When I start up JBoss I use command line switches for the partition name and the rmi server hostname.

E.g.,
[for the BatchParition node]
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=172.16.77.70 -Djboss.partition.name=BatchPartition

[for the AppParition node]
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=172.16.77.2 -Djboss.partition.name=AppPartition

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233699#4233699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233699