[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - MDB rollback

sams2100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 28 17:00:39 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this, if not please move it and feel free to yell at me.

Here's my issue: When I have a pool of a given MDBs heavily working away on a lot of work, I sometimes need to suddenly stop those MDBs from working on any future messages that may be on the queue.  So when I go into the jmx console and stop the MDB, it will wait for the MDBs to fully complete before shutting down.  This is great, but it then assumes the MDB failed and rolls back the message to the queue.  What I don't understand is, why does it wait for the bean to finish if its just going to consider it failed?  Is there a way to allow a bean to finish like that, but also assume the work it finished was successful and doesn't need to be re-run?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233995#4233995

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233995