[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Deployment functionality of JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA refuses to

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 29 14:07:02 EDT 2009

So are you saying that with c:/temp/jboss-4.2.1.GA you still had the problem? And did you actually rename C:/root/app/dev/jboss-4.2.1.GA to something else or did you install into another location?

I am wondering if there is a defect on your hard drive, in which case locating the software anywhere else would solve the problem, but simply renaming the directory would not solve it.

One other thought, did you by any chance turn off 8.3 filenames? Or did you make any change, such as adding another version of JBoss AS to the C:/root/app/dev/ directory that might cause the 8.3 filename for jboss-4.2.1.GA to change? Also, did you try removing the server/default/data, tmp and work directories and see if it work work then? A combination of an 8.3 filename change and using prior data, tmp and work directory entries could cause a problem.

I have been using JBoss AS on Vista for at least several years (64-bit on my desktop, 32-bit on my laptop) and using the standard names for the JBoss AS home directory and never ran into a problem due to the directory name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234194#4234194

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234194