[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: MDB calling a session bean, session bean not getting reu

rlperry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 29 15:15:10 EDT 2009

I have this problem with ActiveMQ and had been having pretty good luck with StrictMaxPool, but in doing some testing with ThreadLocalPool, I learned that my problem resolves back to the JCA thread pool.  Basically as long as I am keeping the server completely busy I do not leak Session Beans, but when the server goes idle the JCA threads are deallocated, but the associated Stateless Beans are not.  So when the server gets busy again all new instances of my beans are created.

I am now working around this by setting MinimumPoolSize =MaximumPoolSize in jbossjca-service.xml.  For my application I really sorta like this configuration anyway.

So for me the only question is how do we get deallocations when threads go away?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234204#4234204

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234204