[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JBPM Identity

jpramondon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 31 12:48:24 EDT 2009

"kukeltje" wrote : Ok, here is another quick reply ;-)

  | Well, you are kind of there, but not completely. I have to admit, the area of extending/overriding the identitycomponent and/or  the ExpressionAssignmentHandler is/was kind of not really flexible and certainly not realy documented well.
  |
  | I think the best/easiest way  is to not use the identity component and explicitly put AssignmentHandlers on tasks/swimlanes and not use expressions explicitly, at least not the jpdl expressions. You could pass a string param to your custom assignmenthandler which is in fact the expression you want to use and evaluate that in your assignmenthandler.  The downside to this is that you have to explicitly put the assignmenthandler everywhere you want it. This is already reduced when using swimlanes btw.
  |
  | hth a little

Hi There,

I've been following this very interesting thread from the start and I'm really glad someone helps as much as you do.
I'm in a similar situation as Sherry's and if I understand well your post above, by simply not specifying any asignment expression in a task, the identity module is not used. Is this correct ?

If so, then the things I have to do to override the default ExpressionAssignmentHandler to define my own AssignmentHandler (say an LDAP one; for instance) are :

- comment these lines in the hibernate config
<mapping resource="hibernate.extra.hbm.xml" />
  | 		<mapping resource="hibernate.identity.hbm.xml" />

- define a new class implementing AssignmentHandler interface

- refer to this class in the process desgin like this
anonymous wrote : <task-node name="createContract">

  | 	</task-node>

  |   |
  |   | Is that right ?
  |   | You also recommend custom AssignmentHanlders to react to some passed variable in order to find which user the task should be assigned to. How exactly would one pass such variable to the AssignmentHanlder ?
  |   |
  |   | Thanks for precious time,
  |   |
  |   | Cheers,