[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: EventListener questions

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 2 15:02:16 EST 2009

Sebastion,

anonymous wrote : I have got a question regarding jBPM's behaviour. Assuming I have a transition coming from a user task and I put an EventListener on this transition: When the transition fires and the EventListener is notified and executes is the task already to be found as a HistoryTask? I am asking because I would like to access the task object to retrieve some information.

Conceptually I would say yes: it is only when the task is completed (and history is saved) that the transition is taken. Since the same Hibernate session is used when taking the transition, it could be not yet persisted but you'll find it anyway through the session.

However, I did not test this, the only thing you can try is test it :-)

anonymous wrote : My second question: Is there a way to obtain a reference to the HistoryService or TaskService? Or is there a different way to access the task object?

The easiest would be to inject the ProcessEngine or to store the ProcessEngine somewhere application-wide to retrieve the services.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263567#4263567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263567