[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss 5.1.0.GA performance tuning

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 3 09:17:04 EST 2009

anonymous wrote :  But I did not see tuning Connection pools and exact file and what parameters need to change
Section 14.6.1, configuring datasources

anonymous wrote : Thread pools
Section 14.6.2, Configuring the HTTP request thread pool

anonymous wrote :  Object/Component pools
If all access is via a web app, the HTTP thread pools are all you need - all objects and component are access via on the HTTP threads.

anonymous wrote : is there any way we can decide number of connection pools(min, max etc.) number of threads, min and max cache size etc..
Yes, by running performance tests. See section 14.2. Once you know the performance aspects of your application, then you will be able to "decide number of connection pools(min, max etc.) number of threads, min and max cache size etc.. based on the number of incoming requests/out going responses"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263699#4263699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263699