[jboss-user] [JCA] - HOWTO: Pool connection management of my managed connection

groovie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 5 00:06:43 EST 2009

Dear sirs,

i have a question according to the proper
coding  of the ressource/connection
management in JCA using the mbean
 org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool.

My application is using an old legacy application
(expert system). This application has been modified
and is running now as a classical forking-UNIX server,
that spawns automatically a new client worker,
if somebody tries to connect. This piece of software
is now acting as a EIS.
The forking model was choosen, cause to a possible
situation, when the working is getting a SEGV-interrupt,
the JBoss-JCA container cold establish a new connection
with a new working.

The connector, that has been implemented so far,
establishes a pool of connections using the
JBossManagedConnectionPool.  The question is now,
how to tell inside my ManagedConnection (or
somewhere else) the controller of the
JBossManagedConnectionPool, that the connection
was gone and he shall create a new one.

I think, this is the issue of the ConnectionPool-Manager,
who will disables or remove the connection from the pool
and try to establish a new one (using my ManagedConnection).

Do you have some code, how to interact with the Pool ?

The technical connection-failure is detected in my
connection-impplementation, while reading the result of
a previously sent request message over the TCP-connection.
So throwing an exception is ok, but who will catch it to
generate a  message for the pool-Manager in
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool
Please-note: For RPC-request the initiating instance is a session
bean and not the Pool-Managers!

Thank you
Groovie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264044#4264044