[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: JobScheduler going crazy - ignoring wait

rachel.primrose do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 5 19:21:00 EST 2009

Ok - so now I'm wondering if I need to report it or if it should be more of an administration and monitoring hassle.

Here's how to re-create it - if you think I should do a full report with code I will, otherwise perhaps someone can suggest a good administration strategy for this other than the most horrible "do a select every now and again to check".

So, here's the JPDL file:

  | <process name="Dummy" xmlns="http://jbpm.org/4.0/jpdl">
  | <start name="a">
  | <transition to="b"/>
  | </start>
  | <state name="b">
  | <on event="timeout">
  |       <timer duedate="10 seconds"/>
  |       <event-listener class="rachels.test.actionClasses.Sleep">
  |       </event-listener>
  | </on>
  | <transition to="c" name="toc">
  | </transition>
  | </state>
  | <end name="c"/>
  | </process>

The sleep class simply sleeps for 30s.

So, if you start a process instance of Dummy, after 10 seconds the Sleep class will do its thing.

If you kill the jvm mid-sleep, the job has already been acquired, but hasn't completed.

So, something was fixed in the code in 4.1 so now the job scheduler isn't going crazy which is nice.

BUT - this job is sitting there acquired and not necessarily completed in the DB.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264239#4264239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264239