[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Is there a max. Message Queue size?

asander do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 6 03:46:41 EST 2009

Hello,

I hope I have chosen the right forum ...
I would intend to regard this question as a MQ question but the MQ forum is closed and I have no idea where to put this question now...

I have a MDB that receives data to process from an external application. Currently this works very well. In rare conditions there can be really a flood of messages, so there may be thousands of messages, waiting to be processed by the MDB.

My question now is: Is there a max size of the message queue? Is there a risk that messages might get lost, if there are much more messages than can be processed at the moment?

By the way: I am using JBoss 4.2.2

Thanks in advance for every answer

Andreas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264278#4264278