[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Users] - Re: JBoss RMI + Serialization performance issue

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 6 22:33:15 EST 2009

One guess is that the use of a proxy, which is how transporters work, is adding some overhead.  In our socket transport versus RMI performance, we used plain org.jboss.remoting.Client invocations.

"ravi_eze" wrote :
  | Now considering jboss RMI with jboss serialization it takes more than 10 times w.r.t. java RMI with java serialization.

Well, that's really bad.  I just don't know what's going on.

By the way, what role is played by getJavaBytes() and getJavaBytes()?

"ravi_eze" wrote :
  | Also we see Jboss serialization to produce 40% more bytes than java serialization for the above prog.

I have heard that JBossSerialization sometimes uses more space than Java serialization.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264403#4264403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264403