[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Unable to acquire lock on Fqn error

drcallaway do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 9 11:44:15 EST 2009

During load tests, we keep running into this error:

anonymous wrote : org.jboss.cache.lock.TimeoutException: Unable to acquire lock on Fqn [/session/c06045ea-bb09-44c6-910d-d84eedc67d3e] after [10000] milliseconds
  | for requestor [Thread[http-0.0.0.0-8080-199,5,jboss]]! Lock held by [null]

I've tried a number of different configuration changes with no success. Currently, my locking configuration looks like this:

<locking isolationLevel="REPEATABLE_READ" lockParentForChildInsertRemove="false" lockAcquisitionTimeout="10000"
  | writeSkewCheck="false" useLockStriping="false" concurrencyLevel="1000"/>

I'm also using the JDBCCacheLoader with Oracle 11i. The load tests will run fine for quite a while but will eventually fail with the "Unable to acquire lock on Fqn" error. The session node specified by the FQN is only accessed by a single thread at a time. These session nodes are both read and written to but I've also seen this error on read-only nodes. Any ideas why this might occur? Why does it indicate that the lock is held by "[null]"?

Any help is appreciated.

Dustin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264634#4264634

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264634