[jboss-user] No Such Field Error

jithu mada jithu.mada at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:09:46 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jithu mada <jithu.mada at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Subject: No Such Field Error
To: jboss-user at lists.jboss.org

Hi,

We have downloaded and installed Jboss 5.1.0.GA on AIX 6 (64 bit) machine
and are using IBM JDK 5.0 for 64 bit.

However, When we start the Jboss, the following exception is thrown

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
org/apache/log4j/Level.TRACE
        at
org.jboss.logging.log4j.Log4jLoggerPlugin.isTraceEnabled(Log4jLoggerPlugin.java:94)

and after throwing this exception Jboss shutsdown itself.

I tried to put the latest of version log4j from apached in jboss/common/lib,
but, still the same exception.

Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem.

Thanks