[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: jboss with website root which sits deep in the app

down7ime do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 9 21:42:01 EST 2009

jboss will look at the first war folder thats defined in the scanning directory and deploy that, it will ignore nested wars.

I've managed to get it working but its quite messy, all i need to clean it up is a way to map a directory within the deployed context.

so i now have

/core
/core/webtop
/plugins
/projects/appName/www.war

but i need a way to setup an alias of "webtop" under www.war

to get around it ive just copied the "webtop" resources to the deploy directory, works fine, but that completely screws up the frameworks structure, not the best for subversion and working with the app on multiple environments.

Any ideas PeterJ? i have tried added a context tag for my application host tag under deploy/jbossweb.sar/server.xml but regardless of the format and attributes i define the instance just fails to come up

the error i keep getting, regardless of the attributes i define is

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: Context cannot appear in this position. Expected content of Host is unordered_sequence: Listener* Valve* Alias* Realm? attributes?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264716#4264716

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264716