[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: [jBPM 4.1] Process Definition XML File

saraswati.santanu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 10 10:25:42 EST 2009

Koen,

    My two cents. All that people might need is a nice wrapper over a DOM API which makes Jpdl xml writing using Java code simpler. This may not really require to touch any of the core classes for this. For e.g. I can write something like:

  | //this is the step where we generate the xml dynamically
  | JpdlWriter writer = new JpdlWriter();
  | String xmlString = writer.startNode("Start Node Name")
  | 			      .transition("Transition Name", "Next Task")
  | 			      .task("Next Task")
  | 			      ... etc.
  | 			      .xml();
  |
  | //this is deployment, which is the same even for a static xml, read from a file
  | String deploymentId = repositoryService.createDeployment()
  | 		        	       .addResourceFromString(resourceName, xmlString)
  | 		        	       .deploy();

I would assume the JpdlWriter class and any other associated classes will not do anything with the real process definition object. However code above is just a random thought to elaborate the idea.

I believe something like this Sebastian suggested and you also mentioned.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264858#4264858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264858