[jboss-user] [EJB] - Deployment issues for EJBs in JBoss

rschallack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 11 16:59:06 EST 2009

We have EJBs that have deployed successfully to OpenEJB We're trying to migrate them to JBoss and we're blocked at this point and are in need of some help.

JBoss version: 5.1.0
Java version: 1.5.0_20
OS: Linux version 2.6.18 (CentOS release 5.2)

We're using EJB 3.0 for most of our EJBs, but we have need of a couple of singletons. We got OpenEJB to work with the 3.1 spec. In JBoss, we need to designate those singletons as a service. Even when we do that, we get deployment errors since many of our local EJBs depend on this one singleton (checks to see if a system is available, otherwise use local cached data). So we get entries in our log file like this:

  Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=our-app.jar,name=OurDaoProxyEjb,service=EJB3" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=our-app.jar,name= OurDaoProxyEjb,service=EJB3>"
  |        (should be in state "Described", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED
  |      Demands 'jndi:OurDaoEjb/local-com.company.ecom.ejb.api.dao.pkg.OurDaoLocal' **")
  |         Dependency "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=our-app.jar,name=OurDaoEjb,service=EJB3>"
  |              (should be in state "Described", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED
  |          Demands 'jndi:SystemMonitorDaoEjb/local-com.company.ecom.ejb.api.dao.tools.SystemMonitorDaoLocal' **")

SystemMonitorDaoLocal is our class to check availability. We've recoded it to use the JBoss specific annotations for a service and looks like this (imports omitted):

  | @Singleton
  | @TransactionAttribute(value=TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | @Service
  | @Local(SystemMonitorDaoLocal.class)
  | public class SystemMonitorDaoEjb extends BaseSystemDao implements
  | 		SystemMonitorDaoLocal {

@Singleton should be ignored by JBoss (we've tried omitting it with no change in the logs). And our BaseSystemDao contains the instance of SystemMonitorLocal. BaseSystemDao is our base class for all classes dependent on that system being up.

I feel like I'm missing something. Is it configuration? Any help is appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4265136#4265136

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4265136