[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Users] - Struggling with jboss-classloading.xml

ad-rocha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 17 11:40:16 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've be struggling with jboss-classloading.xml for about one week and really don't know even if it is possible. There is my problem (JBoss 5.1):

1) I have a RAR that contains a lot of jars that must be exposed to other applications. Everything is working fine and after deploy I can access the classes, but my log configuration is not working (SLF4J)

2) To sove the problem, I need to invert RAR classloader, in order to use a specific SLF4J configurarion (because JBoss has its particular one that is loaded from lib/common). My jboss-classloading.xml is:
<classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"
  |     domain="IsolatedWithParentDomain"
  |     parent-domain="DefaultDomain"
  |     parent-first="false">
  | </classloading>

Now I can't see that classes inside RAR anymore.

My question is: is there a way to invert classloader in RAR and continue seeing the classes?

I've tried a lot of jboss-classloading attributes combinations, but none seams to work (ParentDomain, DefaultDomain, etc).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266144#4266144