[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Users] - Re: custom fault mapping with jax-rpc‏

newmanw10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 17 12:11:25 EST 2009

I did finally figure out what my problem was.

Are you using wscompile to generate your jax-rpc mapping file?

If so that is your problem!  I am not sure if wscompile is generating the xml incorrectly or if jboss does not parse wscompile's generated mapping file correctly.

The solution is to use wstools (which is a jboss tool).  You can find some information on wstools on the web but you will have to look as jboss and the community do not support it anymore.  Which also means that if you try and look for the documentation for wstools on jboss.org you will not find it.  Which is stupid because they still deliver this tool with 4.2.3.GA which is used a ton in industry.  So why not still have the wstools docs out there?

Enough ranting I guess.  All I did was use wstools to generate my mapping file, I still used wscompile to generate all other artifacts.  After that all was well I as able to deploy my service and catch a custom wsdl fault/exception on the client side.  Looking at the two mapping files they are different I just don't know if this is a jboss bug or wscompile bug.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266151#4266151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4266151