[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: Slow consumer is blocking producer

PoonamAgarwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 20 08:48:20 EST 2009

My subscriber is non-durable. Performance of non-durable should be better than a durable one. So, I don't think this will make a difference.

My client code i.e. MessageListener looks like this:

  | public class FMEventSubscriber implements MessageListener {
  |
  |   public void onMessage(Message message) {
  |         if ( message instanceof ObjectMessage){
  |            ObjectMessage objMessage = (ObjectMessage)message;
  |             Integer responseMsgType;
  |             try {
  |                  handleFMEvent(responseMsgType, objMessage.getObject() );
  |             }catch (Exception e ){
  |                  log.error("Un-Expected error in message processing. ..");
  |             }
  |         }else{
  |            log.error("Unknow type of FM message receiv...");
  |         }
  |    }

Here, handleFMEvent calls other sessionbeans.
I have noticed that if I comment out the call to handleFMEvent() then the message processing is fast. But, the main question here is that it(consumer) should not block a producer.

Do I have the queue up the messages myself and then have a QueueEventprocessor publish the messages in a background thread?

-Poonam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266756#4266756

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4266756