[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Re: Custom StrictMaxPool settings in ...-aop.xml ignored

shreyasshinde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 22 18:26:15 EST 2009

Okay. I have a solution for this. It turns out that when EJBs applications are deployed, the properties in ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml file under the deploy directory are applied first. The following annotation in the file says "if the class is not present then apply this property.

  | <annotation expr="class(*) AND !class(@org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Pool)">
  |          @org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Pool (value="ThreadlocalPool", maxSize=20, timeout=10000)
  |       </annotation>

So, when I was bundling my -aop.xml file with my EJB application, the property should read:

  | <annotation expr="class(@org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Pool)">
  |          @org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Pool (value="StrictMaxPool", maxSize=10, timeout=10000)
  |       </annotation>

Which means, if the class is present then apply this property. As the properties from ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml file are always applied first, the class is present and therefore we only check for its existence.

Most of the documentation is misleading in a way that this point is not very clear.

Thanks,

Shreyas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266942#4266942

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4266942