[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Re: Forcing a certain node to become master

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 23 12:35:43 EST 2009

Supposing I have to make the modifications myself:

* Use a LoadBalancer like FirstAvailableIdenticalAllProxies but with a 'always use first one' pattern and have the cluster give me the targets in the correct order. (i.e. master first)
  setting my new class in the cluster-service.xml
  (though the client will need a copy of the class as well)

* HAPartitionImpl.viewAccepted() is looks like the central place where the logic of the cluster view is kept, updated and events sent out.
  Though I still need to figure out how I might be able to change this.

 Q: is there a config xml somewhere I can use to set this?

  I think it would be possible to just sort the view by a certain logic, though I still have to figure out how to share this info on the cluster (prob. something with JGroups.

* anything else I would have to watch out for?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267092#4267092

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267092