[jboss-user] [JMX] - Mbean depends on deployment of EJB3 jar?

sverker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 24 05:27:00 EST 2009

Hi
I have a mbean that is deployed with a *-service.xml file. The issue I see is that it has to be dependant on an EJB3 jar. I.e. it can't start until the ejb3 jar is deployed and it must stop before it is undeployed.

I was able to make that work in JBoss 4.2, but not in JBoss 5.1. I can set a dependency on an EJB2 jar in the same ear and that works, but not on the EJB3. The *-service.xml file is in the same .ear as the others.

My dependency look like this (I've tried other variants as well, it wasn' the same in JBoss 4.2):
<depends>jboss.j2ee:ear=LimeSms-1.2-SNAPSHOT.ear,jar=ejb3-limesms-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar,service=EJB3</depends>

and I can see this exact name in the jmx-console. I've tried other variants as well.

The dependency on ejb2 jar looks like this, and it works:
<depends>jboss.j2ee:module="ejb2-limesms-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar",service=EjbModule</depends>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267252#4267252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267252