[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: The most simple jBPM jbpm.cfg.xml configuration file

bgoetzmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 24 11:48:23 EST 2009

Thank you Ronald,

In a NetBeans project I reused the configuration files jbpm.cfg.xml and jbpm.hiernate.xml coming from the <jbpm_4_2>\install\generated\cfg folder (I put them at the root of my source code). Of course, I added the required jars.

My main method looks like this:

ProcessEngine processEngine = new Configuration().buildProcessEngine();
  |         RepositoryService repoService = processEngine.getRepositoryService();
  |         ExecutionService executionService = processEngine.getExecutionService();
  |
  |         NewDeployment deployment = repoService.createDeployment().addResourceFromClasspath("process.jpdl.xml");
  |         deployment.deploy();
  |         executionService.startProcessInstanceByKey("helloWorld");

As you can see in the code, I used the process.jpdl.xml process definition file (also in the classpath).
And before running it, I executed a HSQLDB server instance by running the Ant task start.hsqldb.server from <jbpm_4_2>\install.
And it works!

I also implement a custom activity (and use it in the process) in Groovy language by implementing ExternalActivityBehaviour, in order to invoke a remote service also in Groovy. This service is even running as a script in the Groovy console using the XML-RPC Groovy module.

Best regards,

Bertrand.

"kukeltje" wrote : There is a 'default' cfg in jbpm that is 'minimal´ If you want less, you have to describe in detail what functionality of jBPM you do not want to use (there is not much difference in using jBPM in a webapp or standalone app)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267354#4267354

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267354